Twin Cities Opera Guild has excelled at introducing students to opera and quality music since 1952. We are dedicated to cultivating music education and outreach, both in the schools and for the general public. As an all-volunteer non-profit organization, we rely on our members and friends to help us fund our grants for music education.
A national pioneer in opera education for children
How we make it happen
Our grants fund:
- Delightful musical productions in-school, staged and performed by students -- in both the cast and orchestra
- Interactive in-school student programs conducted by professional singers and musicians
- After-school music programs for children, including student choirs
- Special student matinees at operas produced by the Minnesota Opera and Mill City Summer Opera
- Summer music programs for children
(over the past 5 years)
In the past five years our organization:
- Served a total of 120,000 children
- Served children from ages three through college
- Granted funds to an average of 31 organizations and schools each year
- Gave grants totaling $420,000
Grants that enrich our youth
School children are the principal beneficiaries of our funds. During the last past five years, we have funded programs bringing music education to more than 120,000 children, both in the seven-county metropolitan area and throughout the state of Minnesota, western Wisconsin and eastern North Dakota.
Twice each year (Fall and Winter), we review applications for new education grants.